Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 73, Monday - Doha

This morning, Mary Anne and I ran a few errands. First, we took some artwork to a framing shop to get custom frames done. I had a couple of pieces I had got at the souq for Christmas presents which I wanted to get framed and Mary Anne had a couple of things too.

After that we spent a long time looking for a place where I could get henna done before I return home (I will be getting it done on Thursday, so you will have to wait for that. I will say, however, that it took a lot of driving around, a lot of asking people, some more driving around, and a bit of walking (including crossing a very busy street with no crosswalk) to find one. And then, of course, we found two, but that was just salt in the wound. I’m kidding. About the salt bit, not about how much effort it took to find a place.

But it was all worth it, as we did find somewhere and I got to take this awesome picture outside the one shop:



In the evening, we went to visit Mary Anne’s neighbor, who is also Qatari. I mention that as this was the first time I got to visit a Qatari home. Moona was very kind and we had a great chat, partly in Arabic partly in English. She also served fresh juice and a delicious White Forrest Cake (think white chocolate and pineapple). It was amazing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment