Search This Blog

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 63, Friday - Dubai

Today I met up with Todd Leyland, who I met when I was here three years ago and who has known my father for years, and his wife Sonia. 

The market at JBR Walk





They took me to this beautiful area known as the Jumeriah Beach Residents Walk which is right along the coast and has lots of little restaurants and coffee shops along a boardwalk type path.

Todd and me
The weather was absolutely perfect, like a sunny summer day in Seattle. There was a little outdoor market going on and lots of people were out because it was the weekend.




 

We went to a nice sushi place for lunch and then strolled around a bit more. We also stopped in a Starbuck’s:
Todd and Sonia

We also went over to Dubai Creek:

A little later in the afternoon, we went back to their apartment and I met Sonia’s son and the four of us visited well into the evening.

It was a beautiful and relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment