Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 25, Tuesday - Kuwait


Back to Rima’s office today. In the car driving to and from places if I am with Maha or the driver I mostly hear American music. I am not sure if they put it on for my benefit, but I get the feeling that it is a common thing to listen to for young people. 

Everyone at the different offices has been so kind to me, spending time telling me all about their different industries. They are incredibly generous people. When I first meet people they are a little unsure of what they should tell me only because they do not know what I am interested in hearing. I basically tell them that I am a sponge and I want to hear anything and everything. I think that is the best way to learn about people, cultures, and markets, which is why I am here. 

After getting picked up from the office, we went to pick Nassar up from school and he gave me a short tour so that I could see around a little. It is an American school (as I mentioned in a previous post) with all American teachers.

Now time for a few random photos from my ride to the office:
McDonald's? Not quite...

Sign says "No learner drivers," because you have to know what you are doing driving in downtown Kuwait.
 This afternoon I made an Apple Betty (if you do not know what that is, you will have to come over to our house sometime and we will make it for you. Think apple pie but better). We went to Uncle Muhsen’s house (one of Lina’s brothers) for dinner, which is a weekly occurrence. There are seven siblings and whoever is able gathers together each Tuesday. (The follow photos are courtesy of Uncle Muhsen.)
Me, Bouchra (Muhsen's wife), Diana Al-Harbi, and Seena Al-Harbi

Me and Muhsen
Me, Bouchra, and Muhsen

Seena and me
 Muhsen and his wife, Bouchra, were in Seattle a few months ago and they came to our house for dinner, so it was nice to be able to visit them in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment